Smurfit Kappa, a FTSE 100 company, is one of the leading providers of paper-based packaging solutions in the world, with approximately 46,000 employees in over 350 production sites across 35 countries and with revenue of €9.0 billion in 2019.
With our proactive team, we relentlessly use our extensive experience and expertise, supported by our scale, to open up opportunities for our customers. We collaborate with forward-thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights in packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets.
We have an unrivalled portfolio of paper-packaging solutions, which is constantly updated with our market- leading innovations. This is enhanced through the benefits of our integration, with optimal paper design, logistics, timeliness of service, and our packaging plants sourcing most of their raw materials from our own paper mills. Our products, which are 100% renewable and produced sustainably, improve the environmental footprint of our customers.
OUR MAIN INNOVATION GOALS
SPECIFIC INNOVATION NEEDS
- Reduce packaging waste
- Replace less sustainable packaging materials with paper-based solutions
- Promote mono-material solutions
Broaden the spectrum of applications for paper and paper-based products
WHAT WE CAN OFFER STARTUPS, SCALE-UPS & SME'S
- Automation solutions to improve efficiency & speed
- Small order quantities in the beginning and upscale when necessary
- Advice on packaging requirements based on 80k+ supply chains in all kinds of sectors, conditions and geographical areas
- Insights on what is happening in supermarkets all over Europe and the Americas
- Provide attention grabbing point of sale displays